Do I need a lawyer to handle my construction injury claim?


Yes, we believe that is the best way to proceed. Construction accident cases are very complex. Your claim may involve legal issues regarding liability, compliance with safety regulations, engineering, indemnity and the amount of damages. You want an experienced lawyer.

How long should I wait before contacting a lawyer?

The sooner your lawyer can start working for you, the better. You have only a certain amount of time to go to court, and if you wait too long, you may be barred from bringing your lawsuit. The longer you wait makes it more difficult to obtain the evidence you need to support your case.

I have gone back to work but I cannot do the kind of work I was doing before because of my injuries. I need the money to support my family. Do I still have a claim?

You may still have a claim if your injuries are preventing you from earning as much money as before the accident, or they have forced you to take work that does not have the same potential for advancement and salary increases later on. In fact, you may still have a claim even if you are earning the same wages as before the accident.

If I am injured at work, can I get more than just workers compensation?

Yes. Although workers compensation laws prohibit you from suing your employer directly, you may bring a lawsuit against the owner of the site and the general contractor even if they had nothing to do with causing your construction accident injury.

What does it mean to settle a case?

Settling a case means that you agree to accept money in return for dismissing your claim against the person or entity that injured you. You will sign documents releasing the other side of any further liability.

What is an expert witness?

An expert witness is a witness who has specific knowledge of a particular field that is generally greater than what is known by an average layperson. An expert is usually permitted to testify to his/her opinion. A layperson can testify only as to the facts in question. In medical malpractice, doctors are typically called to testify as experts. In an accident case, an accident reconstruction expert may be called to testify as to what and how the accident occurred.

Share it

Contact Information

22-15 31st street.
Astoria, NY 11105 USA
+1 718 721 5740

Find us on Google Maps